Manager of Financial Performance - Northwestern Medical Group
* Downtown Location*
- Perform monthly review and analysis of operational performance relative to NMG's financial and productivity goals.
- Monitors budget performance by reviewing and analyzing actual expenditures and budget variances, and recommends appropriate action as required.
- Manages operational dashboard reports and other standard management information, ensuring data integrity in compilation of reports.
- Coordinates designated operational finance special projects as assigned.
- Acts as liaison to Service Group and Department leadership on the definitions and analysis of key financial metrics and use of relevant reports.
- Manages coordination of financial systems, helping to ensure consistency in reporting across multiple platforms and process owners.
- Supports NMG operational leadership during the annual budget planning process to help ensure the creation of accurate, realistic, and optimized fiscal year budgets.
- Coordinates and communicates effectively with NMG operational VPs and Directors to assist with the oversight of the clinical operations.
- Supports NMG operational leadership to analyze potential models for new growth and strategic initiatives.
- Assists with compensation recommendations for new physician hires and supports annual compensation review, as needed.
- Maintains physician confidence by keeping information appropriately confidential.
- Five (5) or more years of health care finance, analytics, or financial analysis experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- D emonstrated organizational and leadership skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Health Administration (MHA).
- Experience in academic medical center preferred.
- Experience working closely with physicians in a provider setting is highly desired.
- Understanding of and experience working with relational databases.