The Manager Inpatient Behavioral Health Services reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Reports jointly to the Vice President of Operations and Chief Nursing Executive of Woodstock Hospital and is responsible for the planning, developing and management for all acute behavioral health services in the Northwest Region (e.g. inpatient, crisis services).
- Provides strategic leadership to grow services commensurate with community need and ensures all services are delivered in a high quality and operationally effective manner.
- Plans and administers, directly and through subordinate supervisory personnel, the effective management and delivery of acute behavioral health services in accordance with hospital and regulatory agency standards.
- Directs and participates in establishing and meeting the goals, objectives, policies and procedures according to institutional, Joint Commission, state and federal standards. Ensures that all areas of oversight are meeting the assigned standards.
- Responsible for the fiscal solvency, growth and productivity for all acute behavioral health services.
- Embraces fiscal stewardship and innovatively looks for ways to create new, sustainable revenue streams.
- Budget and business planning.
- Develops and deploys models of care that are responsive to consumer/patient needs, aligned with best practices and market trends.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training and performance management.
- Interacts with community members through appropriate community councils and task forces.
- Assesses opportunities for collaborative ventures to enhance linkages of programs for patients and community members.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in a healthcare related field (e.g. Social Work, Counseling, Rehab Therapies, Nursing, Health Sciences, etc.)
- 5 to 10 years of management experience.
- Master Degree in a healthcare related field (e.g. Social Work, Counseling, Rehab Therapies, Nursing, Health Sciences, etc.)
- Prior change leadership experience
- Business and/or service line development experience
- Previous experience working with populations experiencing behavioral health challenges