Manufacturing . Richmond, Virginia
Position Summary: The Manager, Production will work in partnership with leadership to ensure manufacturing and operations meet expectations of Premier's customers (internal and external), surrounding quality, and on time delivery, while managing costs and maintaining a safe working environment. Responsibilities:
- Partner with Operations leadership to plan, direct, and coordinate the scheduling, manufacturing, and assembly of products in compliance with company goals and objectives.
- Responsible to study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of teams and of processes, and to drive capacity improvements to meet future planned goals of the company.
- Accountable to partner with Department Supervisors to standardize work instructions, processes, and improve collaboration with internal customers (Engineering, Project Management, etc.)
- Accountable for recommending and initiating corrective actions.
- Actively participate in and sponsor LEAN initiatives.
- Deploy, and sustain effective processes to ensure maximum utilization of material and people resources.
- Continuously monitor and improve key metrics of labor efficiency, delivery performance, and first-time quality.
- Assist in attracting, hiring, developing, mentoring, and motivating employees.
- Bachelors' Degree in business related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a high demand, high volume manufacturing environment, with at least 3 years management experience managing teams and driving strategy and execution.
- Prior experience with production scheduling, capacity planning, process improvement, and inventory management.
- Experience in developing plans to reduce operating expenses and meeting KPI's in a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Ability to develop management control systems and monitoring operational spending.
- Ability to successfully communicate with and engage cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge with Material Requirements Planning/ Enterprise Resource Planning (MRP/ERP) systems.
- Proven leadership skills to hire, develop and retain top talent within manufacturing.
- Track record of improving lead times, quality and deliverables.
- May require occasional travel, extended hours, and on-call duty.
- Experience using Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques to drive continuous improvement.
- Working knowledge of OSHA Regulations and ability to create and maintain a safe work environment.
PremierXD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PremierXD complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.