GovExec is seeking an experienced Managing Director of Events based in the DC metropolitan area who can attend frequent in-person events. While GovExec maintains an office in DC, the Managing Director of Events will primarily be able to work from home. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing both our live and digital events strategy. As Managing Director you must have a strong event industry background and expertise in large in-person conferences. The ideal candidate will have 8-12 years of relevant experience, exceptional organizational skills, excellent communication abilities, and a deep understanding of event strategies and execution.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive events strategy aligned with the company's goals and objectives; lead the execution of events and programs with innovation and efficiency; and manage a large team of event managers, content specialists, and audience marketers.
- Oversee the planning, coordination, and execution of all GovExec events, including but not limited to conferences, summits, workshops, webcasts, and roundtables with the ability to optimize the portfolio of event products in response to market and sales demand.
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including senior leaders within the organization, clients, partners, vendors, and industry professionals.
- Collaborate with the sales team and other stakeholders to ideate and generate one-of-a-kind event concepts
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and integration of event strategies with marketing, sales, editorial, and other departments.
- Effectively communicate and manage high-touch clients for both single-sponsor and multi-sponsor programs.
- Travel as appropriate to oversee the execution of applicable events.
- Oversee and refine the policies, processes, and tools to streamline events, manage event budgets, and drive reporting and analytics.
- Evaluate event performance and effectiveness through metrics, analytics, and feedback, and make data-driven recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in event management, sponsorship, and logistics.
- Ensure our event organization continues to be the leader in the marketplace.
- Drive continued efficiency and communication to meet deadlines and overall event and company goals.
- Bachelor's degree and 8-12 years of experience in event management.
- Proficiency in event management software and tools, including performance analytics.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and executing events at scale.
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing and leading a team with a solutions-first mindset
- Outstanding client management skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management abilities, with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and escalate as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, learn quickly, and deliver on tight deadlines
- Ability to work easily with internal and external partners
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to engage and influence senior leaders, clients, and other key stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and changing environment with attention to detail, flexibility, and accountability for results
- Experience managing complex budgets
- Resides in the DC metropolitan area and able to travel within the DMV for regular in-person obligations
GovExec’s data and insights set the standard for depth, accuracy, and impact for government leaders and contractors. As the market-leading information and intent-based marketing platform, for over fifty years GovExec has empowered the government ecosystem to engage and support government leaders as they work to achieve their missions across federal, defense, and state and local agencies. Our strategic sales enablement and intent-based marketing solutions accelerate revenue growth to fuel market success. The platform is powered by the largest and most sophisticated database in the public sector, GovExec’s platform reaches 3.3 million government influencers each month and provides its marketing clients with a significant competitive advantage in driving higher conversion and growth.
Working at GovExec
At GovExec, we believe that a new era of work -- particularly when, where, and how it gets done -- has arrived. We are building a hybrid workplace that allows for greater freedom and flexibility while also fostering a collaborative culture, no matter where you are working. GovExec offers permanent remote work in 20+ states across the US, as well as the option to work out of one of our offices based in Washington DC, New York or San Diego. GovExec also offers a range of great benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Open time off policy
- Twelve weeks paid parental leave
- Supportive, collaborative teams
- Unique opportunity to help government officials from a private sector company
- Expansive learning and development opportunities
GovExec recruits talent for four salient attributes or qualities:
- Soul of Entrepreneurship
- Culture of Inclusion
- Force of Ideas
- Spirit of Generosity
The compensation range for this role is $125,000 to $150,000 including bonus potential.
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates ("GovExec") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.