100% Remote - Full-Time Offsite for designated States
Are you someone who enjoys thriving in an exciting and fast paced environment where innovation, building secure solutions, being part of something bigger, and seeing your results come alive are all rewarded? If so, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) Information Security may be the right fit for you.
The Managing Director, Security Architecture and Engineering will provide strategic and tactical leadership for designing, operating, and optimizing the cybersecurity architecture and engineering function. This role will bring program leadership by creating and maintaining strategic plans and executing upon technology roadmaps to protect company information assets. Additionally, the Managing Director, Security Architecture and Engineering will:
- Have the ability foster a product-oriented delivery model across a set of security capabilities and services to advance our program in the areas of: cloud, data, identity, applications/APIs, and infrastructure.
- Streamline existing processes to provide a consultative and customer service focused engagement model that enables business outcomes.
- Partner with key stakeholders across technical and non-technical stakeholders to anticipate and advance technical controls that enhance our ability to protect, detect, and respond to changing threats.
- Own decision making around our technology controls architecture, procedures, and continuous improvement efforts by exercising sound judgement and the ability to effectively lead people to achieve a security by design mindset and culture.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with the business and technical teams to understand their strategic objectives, technology dependencies, and emerging trends to lead and collaborate on building security solutions into new systems and products
- Managing the cyber technical controls architecture and the supporting roadmap of initiatives that enable defined business goals and technology objectives
- Leading the adoption of a cloud security program through principles, practices, & technologies to support cloud & digital transformation objectives
- Ensuring delivery of modern, scalable and effective cybersecurity capabilities, reference architectures, standards, and patterns for reuse and ease-of-adoption
- Instantiating a product-oriented model to seamlessly deliver new and existing security capabilities through the design, build, optimize phases of the capabilities lifecycle
- Empowering non-information security teams through security champions to achieve security by design principles and practices in traditional and agile delivery models
- Designing and deploying work intake processes that achieve consultative, collaborative, and productive outcomes to advance the mission of information security
- Assessing and continuously improving the organization's ability to prevent, detect, and respond to changing cyber threats through adequate preparedness of people, processes, & technological capabilities
- Leading and motivating a team of architects and engineers with prioritization, resource planning, skills and professional development, to foster a collaborative and engaged culture
Required Basic Qualifications:
- 10 years experience with large enterprise IT or information security programs and organizations
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent level of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics.