American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women's health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking a Marketing Director who will oversee, coordinate, and participate in the development of marketing strategies and products for the organization. This role will identify, direct and manage a wide range of marketing and brand strategy/management activities for the organization and its messages, publications, products, events and membership.
- Manages and implements the organizations advertising and promotional activities to increase membership, participation in meetings and increase sales of products.
- Analyzes target market information to identify and recommend effective marketing approaches.
- Identifies new market segments that will benefit from company products.
- Prepares effective advertising campaigns based on market research.
- Maintains knowledge on emerging products and services.
- Manages, mentors and develops Marketing staff (4-5 staff)
- Collaborates with senior executives to develop growth plans for the organization.
- Forecasts, drafts, implements, and oversees the department's operating budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, prefer in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- At least five years of experience in marketing and long-range planning required.
- Must have excellent digital experience (including SEO, SEM, e-mail marketing) and offline marketing experience (print, direct mail), graphic/design management experience, and communications abilities including interpersonal communications, writing, editing, and presentation skills. Experience with graphics software packages such as Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
- Must have experience managing budgets and the work of outside firms/agencies on marketing, brand, graphics and printing projects.
- Experience in health/medical marketing a plus, preferably with a non-profit membership association.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of marketing strategies and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Home to more than 58,000 women's health care professionals, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is a membership organization leading advancements in women's health. When you become part of the ACOG team, you're part of an organization that values communicating evidence-based, peer-reviewed information about women's health to members and the general public. ACOG supports its members by maintaining authoritative clinical guidance, providing continuing medical education resources, patient education materials and more. Together with our members, we are working to transform the future of women's health by delivering a compelling member experience, supporting the ob-gyn profession, and advocating for improved women's health.
Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Flexible work schedule – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Life Insurance – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings – and more!
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. Our goal is to have our team as diverse as our membership and the patients they serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our association, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
ACOG is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at ACOG are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.