Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials to be moved. May feed, remove, flex, jog, and stack printed sheets, folded signatures, labels or other in-process product to and from the equipment in the area assigned. Load and unloads materials onto pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand. May load materials into trucks and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools. Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or other device. Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet. Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers. Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using banding machine and clincher. May occasionally use automated equipment and/or operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Basic knowledge of general warehouse layout, item identification codes, basic knowledge of warehouse procedures and familiarity with the storage areas in order to be able to place or pull paper stock, signatures and materials in accordance with standard procedures.
- Able to stock, move, arrange, and rotate items in accordance with operating instructions or under guidance of a higher level employee.
- Basic knowledge of shrink-wrap equipment,
- Able to complete appropriate forms relating to stock description, quantity, unit of issue, and the labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials.
- Basic skill in the use of shrink-wrap or strapping equipment, manual dollies, pallet jacks, carts or hand trucks and hand tools used in material handling tasks such as hammers, pliers, strapping and stretch wrapping tools and equipment, tape fasteners, metal band sheers and related equipment.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.