Job Description Summary
As a Managing Director of End User Services Management at BCBSA, you will lead the service management team including delivery of end user support through the service desk, end user technology engineering, and executive support services and provide strategic direction and oversight over all service management activities within the organization.You will be responsible for measuring the effectiveness and client satisfaction with end user services delivered across all BCBSA business units and directing proactive service improvements to ensure high levels of user satisfaction. This role requires someone who can think strategically and communicate cross-functionally - identifying and directing initiatives to promote, expand, and optimize service management practices, tools, engineering, and platforms across BCSBA. These practices include ITIL disciplines of Change, Incident, Problem, Hardware Software Asset, Knowledge, Configuration Management, Laptop/Desktop image engineering and deployment, software updates and patching, virtual desktops, and directory services You will be responsible for effective staff management, including hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the promotion of an inclusive and innovative work environment that empowers Service Managers, Core Computing Engineers and Service Management Analysts to provide value to stakeholders. You will be responsible for agreements and services provided through Managed Services vendor partners and must ensure compliance with SLAs and services standards. As IT Services Management (ITSM) process owner, you will also act the ITSM tool product owner and drive service innovation, service automation and user adoption.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Provides strategic direction to the design, implementation, and improvement of end user services from Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 support, including but not limited to incident management, request management, knowledge management, and change management. Engineer and support robust end user technology services including laptop/desktop hardware and software, virtual desktop, email, directory services, end-point protection, and other end user technology.
Ensure effective delivery of end user services through help desk, end user services, and executive support teams. Measure client satisfaction across all levels and direct improvements to meet end user needs.
Lead the development of policies and service management processes, while ensuring that the teams remain in compliance with internal and external audit requirements.
Ensure identification and documentation of risks and issues in service delivery, and work with cross-functional teams to develop mitigation strategies.
Develop the teams and staff to meet the changing needs of businesses across functions in the organization to implement new projects and technologies. Manage SLAs delivered through Managed Services vendor partners.
Establishing key value drivers to show success and align Service Management and End Services delivery with strategic vision for high availability, reliability, end user effectiveness, and continuous improvements.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree.
- ITIL Level 4 Certification.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience that includes a minimum of seven years management experience in multiple enterprise IT functions, large teams and multiple complex projects.• A minimum of 10 years of experience in Information Technology with an emphasis on IT Service Management and End User Technologies.
- Five years' experience as Service Now ITSM product owner and champion.
- Experience directing multiple functions for an enterprise or multiple business groups/units is required.• Progressive responsibility for establishing strategy, planning and support to achieve business goals and IT service improvement is required.
- Strong knowledge of business environment and system architecture including End User Technology, Service Management tools, Configuration Management, IT Asset Management, Service Desk, and end user services are essential.
- The ability to develop, cultivate and maintain business relationships, gain confidence of customer base, and provide value added services is required.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Knowledge of the techniques and the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Problem Solving - Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Leadership - Ability to work with a group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate their achievement.
- Industry Knowledge - Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- IT Environment - Knowledge of organization's total Information Technology (IT) environment with minimum knowledge of MS office and other software's used by the organization.
- Effective communication skills - (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
- Cloud skills - Understanding of public and/or private cloud services used by Information Technology (IT) and IT development partners.
- Practitioner level certification of a public cloud provider• Other advanced ITIL certification in Configuration Management, IT Asset Management, and Service Design.
Preferred Education, Certifications and Experience
- Proven experience extending Service Management processes to Public Cloud is strongly preferred.
- Masters Degree
- Experience in health care industry or HIPPA regulated industry is desirable.
People Management - Yes