**This is a Full Time position at 40hrs per week located at the Deerfield clinic. Hours could vary, but the schedule is as follows: Monday 10am-7:30pm and Tuesday though Friday 8:30am-5pm.**
Assures efficient patient flow through the site: Escorts patient to exam room, identifies patient with 2 identifiers and prepares patient for examination. Obtains accurate vital signs, per organization standards. Documents reason for visit and updates/confirms, allergies, smoking history and pharmacy information. Promptly informs the provider and registered nurse of any significant change in vital signs or acute symptoms. Anticipates/sets up equipment or supplies needed for visit. Cleans and prepares exam room for next patient. Responds to needs to expedite visits and maintain flow of patients and prioritize tasks accordingly. Assists practitioner with medical and surgical procedures in accordance with established protocols such as: Electrocardiogram (ECG), venipuncture, immunizations, setting up procedure trays, specimen collection and/or Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) waived testing as directed by Provider. Provides high quality care by: Prepares and stocks all exam rooms in treatment area by following established protocols for disinfecting and sterilizing equipment and instruments. Participates in environmental safety rounds. Maintains vaccine/medication inventory. Monitors and maintains equipment and instruments according to clinic guidelines. Assists in ordering supplies and correctly disposes of all expired items. Adheres to office opening and closing procedures. Functions as an integral part of the patient care team and promotes patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner: Accepts and performs delegated responsibilities in a positive manner. Offers assistance to others. Attends and participates in staff meetings. Communicates appropriately and effectively with patients and patient care team (in the office and on the phone). Performs delegated procedures common to the specialty area in a safe, effective, and efficient manner (see specialty practice addendum). Performs all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Diploma or Certification of Completion from an accredited Medical Assistant training program or equivalent clinical training.
- Must have written proof of meeting candidate eligibility requirements for writing one of the three eligible certification exams (AAMA, AMT, or NCCT)
- Within first six months of employment, will complete one of the following certifications:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through American Medical Technologists (AMT) or
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- American Heart Association accredited Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Completion of pre-employment competency exam.
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with electronic medical record.