Anchored by Northwestern Memorial Hospital, the No. 1 hospital in Illinois seven straight years by U.S. News & World Report , Northwestern Medicine's integrated health system is on a relentless pursuit of better healthcare. While each of our ten hospitals and over 400 clinic and administrative locations has a unique story, we all share the same vision: to serve Patients First.
Advance to a better career with Northwestern Medicine.
Why come work as a Medical Assistant at Northwestern Medicine?
- Anchored by Northwestern Memorial Hospital the No. 1 hospital in Illinois
- Locations on the main downtown campus and throughout Chicago
- Opportunities to work in multiple medical specialties across various Chicago locations
- Ability to partner with some of the nation's leading physicians
- In 2015, was named on 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers-16 th consecutive year
- Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign
- Competitive hourly pay
- An employer that cares about growing your education with tuition reimbursement, professional development, and student loan repayment options.
- High school diploma or GED or certificate
- Current certification as a Certified Medical Assistant through American Association of Medical Assistants or Registered Medical Assistant through American Medical Technologists.
- American Heart Association accredited Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) certification.
- Zero (0) to two (2) years' experience in a relevant role.
- Completion of pre-employment competency exam.
- Strong computer skills.
- Completion of accredited Medical Assistant training program.
- One to two years of ambulatory care experience.
- Experience with electronic medical record.