A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing (MFG) Process Operator at our Vancouver, WA plant! Our MFG Process Operators operate and maintain cooking and depositing equipment used in the manufacturing of vitamin products.
The current opening is available on our 3rd Shift which works Friday through Sunday and every other Thursday from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The base hourly pay rate is $17.80 plus 3rd shift receives $.50 per hour shift differential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Conducts assigned work in a safe manner and adheres to all company safety regulations and policies.
- Operates all kitchen equipment to regulate dosing of raw ingredients and cooking process as defined by master manufacturing records to ensure product meets specifications.
- Operates all Mogul equipment as established by master manufacturing records and standard operating procedures to ensure product meets specifications.
- Operates Dry rooms and Oiler following procedures and master manufacturing records.
- Conducts and recording quality inspections as required by our quality systems and master manufacturing records.
- Conducts equipment adjustments to regulate temperature, dosing, PH, board weight, etc. following established procedures.
- Conducts product changeovers as needed.
- Informs immediate supervisor of any problems encountered while attempting to cook products.
- Conducts material issues transactions as needed.
- Participates in equipment troubleshooting and repairs as needed.
- Performs cleaning and light preventive maintenance activities as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Operates a sit-down and stand-up forklift as needed.
- Records information pertaining to quality, downtime, and equipment performance.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and organized work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
High school diploma or GED; one to three (1-3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities needed to perform the functions of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to operate manual pallet jack.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, etc.
- Ability to work scheduled shift and overtime as needed.
- Ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English.
- Ability to promote teamwork, demonstrate a good attitude, exhibit flexibility and willingness to perform tasks as needed.
- Ability to pass the medical evaluation for the Respiratory Protection Program.
- Ability to meet and maintain all the requirements of the Mask Fit Program.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Must have the ability to work with moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises; wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire; perform moderate physical activity, including standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day and up to twelve (12) hours per shift as well as lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds; and perform work onsite and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/