Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
The Network Engineer operates NuVasive's internal data communications systems. Our Network Engineer plans, designs and implements local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols. Our Network Engineer supports and troubleshoots network issues and coordinates with vendors for the installation of such items as routers and switches.
• Administers, supports, and troubleshoots network and Telecom systems
• Installs, configures, and documents network systems
• Provides technical support for network problems, performing diagnostic tests and gathering relevant facts and data from end users
• Maintains and operates diagnostic equipment for capacity planning and maintenance
• Creates network diagrams, flow charts, graphic presentations, and narrative reports to support network improvement recommendations
• Coordinates support for end users and contacts external service providers for extra assistance as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills / Capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and collaborate across functions and teams
• Knowledge of routing network protocols and troubleshooting end user support
• Capable skills in a CLI base language (Cisco IOS / PowerShell) and network protocols
• Demonstrable understanding of Firewalls and Routers
Education and Experience
• Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or related field preferred
• 3+ years of experience in a network environment or IT position preferred
Travel and/or Physical Requirements
• M ust be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to about 25 lbs
NuVasive Clinical Services (a division within NuVasive, Inc.) is a leading provider of intraoperative neuromonitoring (IOM) services to surgeons and healthcare facilities, through the acquisitions of Impulse Monitoring, Biotronic NeuroNetwork, Safe Passage, and others. Surgeons have enhanced surgical monitoring and oversight capabilities through neurophysiological data gathered via broadband transmission. IOM technology gives those in the operating room real-time insight into the nervous system, which can help surgeons reduce surgical risk by providing critical information and alerts throughout the procedure. This neural function monitoring helps to decrease the chance of nerve damage to the patient and promotes patient safety during surgery. NuVasive Clinical Services is expected to serve more than 100,000 cases annually in the U.S. From over 530 highly trained neurophysiologists in the operating room to technicians and scheduling staff available 24/7, NuVasive Clinical Services can help support improved clinical outcomes.
For roles that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The "EEO is the Law" poster options are available here . NuVasive's EEO policy is available here .
About NuVasive NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. The Company's less-invasive, procedurally integrated surgical solutions are designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven outcomes. The Company's comprehensive procedural portfolio includes surgical access instruments, spinal implants, fixation systems, biologics, software for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative neuromonitoring technology and service offerings. With more than $1 billion in net sales, NuVasive has approximately 2,700 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com .
Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
Change a patient’s life every minute.
It’s a bold, incredibly rewarding vision that our team is dedicated to achieving. The patient is at the center of everything we do at NuVasive. To that end, we empower surgeons around the world to continue learning, advancing their procedures, and using outcome-driven innovations to change patient lives.
We think. We do. We care.
Through our shared mindset called The Cheetah Way, we show up every day united and committed to do just that.