Job Description Summary
Responsible for creating architectures including articulating the architectural vision, conceptualizing and experimenting with alternative architectural approaches, creating models and component and interface specification documents and validating the architecture against requirements and assumptions. Partners in developing a consistent framework for future BCBSA technology decisions. Responsible for bridging the gaps between business and technology and deliver a "blueprint" for developing the enterprise technical structure. Provide senior level expertise related to decision-making and priorities for the enterprise technical architecture. Ensures necessary controls are part of technical designs to address the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) of IT systems and applications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the implementation and deployment of network security systems design. Troubleshoots and resolves issues related to the implementation of security controls on network systems design. Develop and communicate standard operating procedures and network documentation as related to security.
- Maintaining and administering security systems such as firewalls, IPS, VPN, Access Control List, Wi-Fi Controllers, Logging and analysis of logs.
- Understand the business goals and requirements and how network security impact these objectives. Review proposed security designs from other departments to validate the designs and reduce the impact to operations. This may require changing/modifying an existing system or purchasing something new that would meet the business need. Accountable for reliability of the network security environment supporting the solution. Provide high-level design solution for network infrastructure.
- Develop and documents the principles and frameworks that guide factory or functional area architecture decisions and comply, influence, support and enhance the principles/frameworks for enterprise architecture decisions. Develop supports and maintains the architecture process. Facilitate the development of enterprise governance in collaboration with business and technical leadership. Document all technical architecture design and analysis work.
- Performing analysis of network security requirements and contributes to design, integration and installation of network systems to meet these requirements, enhance and ensure minimal impact to operations.
- Provide after-hours support (as needed), assist in Incidence response cases, and provide technical and security guidance to the operation team.
- Scripting repeatable task and deploy automation as needed to improve operations.
- a) Interact with both technical / business management level staff and technical staff within BCBSA (DBAs, DAs, Developers, project managers, managers) as well as counterparts outside the organization (vendors). b) Review architectural designs of Stage III Network Engineers. c) Maintain relationships with key vendors to gather information about/resolve issues with current releases of products used within BCBSA.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent work experience in similar environment.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive, broad applied technical work experience doing technology configuration, deployment and systems integration.
- Minimum 4 years of experience designing, implementing, and operating several of the following technologies: Firewalls and Proxy servers, Intrusion Detection Systems, Vulnerability Scanning and Management, Remote Access and VPN solutions.
- Experience in creating, documenting and communicating architectural designs for a system comprised of many sub-components.
- Knowledge of data center design and highly competent with Cisco infrastructure.
- Ability to recommend, design and implement automation/SDN within security context.
- Some programming experience, preferably Python or scripting.
- Experience in producing documentation for IT projects to include as-built, process, procedure, life cycle management and other relevant documentation.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) required.
- Experience with Cloud Computing and datacenter technologies.
- Ability to work independently and willing to work outside standard work hours.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
Preferred Education, Certifications and Experience
- Professional certification in Network Administrator and/or Network Engineering (CCNA, CCDA, CCIE, MCSE, and MCT).
- Solid understanding of what health care companies are doing with respect to technology and practices.
- Good understanding of BCBSA business strategies
- Professional certification in Network Administrator and/or Network Engineering (CCNA, CCDA, CCIE, MCSE, and MCT) is preferred.
- Experience in creating, documenting and communicating architectural designs for a system comprised of many sub-components; experienced in consulting / negotiating formally and informally with others.
- Proficiency in producing realistic and achievable deployment plans.
- Solid understanding of current and emerging technologies with advanced knowledge of one specific technology; solid understanding of operational business practices.
People Management - No