At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Network Security Engineer Associate reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for the ongoing monitoring and upgrade planning for server platform related hardware and software components.
- Develops solid technical competence for assigned systems while grasping the integration and interaction of all supported systems.
- Integrates network security platform solutions into NMH information technology (IT) environment and assures proper operation and maintenance of application platforms.
- Provides technical guidance and support for computing platforms and platform integration.
- Contributes to analysis and recommendations relating to performance and/or capacity of platform to ensure reliability for current and/or future use.
- Develops a broad working knowledge of the full range of NMH IT network security platforms.
- Provides diagnostic skills and expertise to coordinate problem determination and solution, including vendors and manufacturers, across the full range of NMH network systems IT environment.
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs as defined in conjunction with our customers. Follows issues through to closure. Includes all aspects of customers (NMH technology users, IS team members, etc.).
- Works effectively in supporting the application teams with project and support activities.
- Actively participates and communicates with the project teams.
- Understands the business and clinical processes at NMH and the operational environments of assigned customers.
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members.
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of technology solutions.
- Supports platform-to-network connectivity and interfacing to assure stable integration of NMH network system IT environment.
- Analyzes business requirements, recommends platform changes, writes technical specifications and implements platform and system changes to address changing application requirements.
- Provides technical support including the identification and implementation of NMH best practice standards.
- Contributes to on-going process to integrate vendor, manufacturer and point-expertise technical knowledge into NMH.
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction.
- Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others.
- Shifts among different technical and project roles as required by situation.
- Adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities.
- Contributes to the IS Knowledge Repository.
- Additional Functions: Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation(s); defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system(s) by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- 1-5 years of experience
- Relevant IT/Cisco/Network Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree