A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We are looking for candidates to fill this position at our R&D Technical Center in Montreal:
The packaging specialist is part of the R&D team located in Montreal. The role of the packaging specialist is to drive all package development activities at the Montreal plant and contract manufacturing sites. This includes working with Marketing to develop new packages or evaluate stock packages to meet consumer needs for new products, monitor package and sustainability trends, draft and execute trial and qualification protocols to ensure the package meets manufacturing, quality and end user requirements, and develop BOMs and specifications in our Agile/PLM system. More specifically, the packaging specialist is responsible of the following:
- Set package design requirements based on consumer needs and manufacturing capability;
- Collaborate with Procurement to select package component suppliers;
- Evaluate and test new packaging components on the packaging lines in collaboration with the operations and the engineering groups to ensure manufacturability and smooth implementation;
- Collaborate with the Product Development, Quality Control and Regulatory to meet the stability and other testing requirements;
- Initiate the required change controls to support and meet the projects timeline;
- Participate in packaging cost reduction projects;
- Help problem solving related to packaging components, communicate with the suppliers and implement corrective actions;
- Create/modify packaging and other related specifications;
- Provide technical support during packaging line transfers and process improvement.
The packaging specialist will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with R&D Packaging in Princeton and other R&D technical centers globally, where considerable knowledge and expertise are available;
- Work on cross-functional projects;
- Lead and manage packaging projects;
- Develop innovative packages or product ideas for future work proposal, and champion project if approved;
- Provide expertise and support to projects outside of Canada if needed. (i.e. thermal form packaging).
- Career progression may be lateral & upwards (other functions) or international (US if right opportunity available).
First cycle University degree in science or engineering with at least 5 years in a similar position;
Good knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging lines (bottles, blisters, tubes);
Knowledge of the GMP's, FDA and ISO requirements;
Bilingual French/English for both spoken and written;
Team work oriented, results oriented, good analytical capacity, good communication skills;
The position is for a full time permanent position with complete coverage and competitive benefits.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/