Location: Milford, MA
Employment Type: Full Time Non-Union
Work Hours: 1st Shift
Requisition Number: 18-0128
Parts Counter Sales Representatives are responsible for front-line customer service in a variety of parts ordering functions. Responsibilities include assisting customers, taking parts orders, researching technical data for the correct part or parts and data entry.
- First shift Monday – Friday, with occasional Saturday morning hours.
- Monitor and close open sales orders and purchase orders along with other administrative needs.
- Assisting customers after hours when on-call.
- Greet all customers and answer phones in a polite and timely fashion.
- Utilize formatted phone script when answering calls.
- Process Customer and Shop orders, backorders, credits and quotes.
- Look up parts via supplied computer programs for CAT and other brands we service.
- Handle cash and credit payments and returns per procedures.
- Resolve customer issues or concerns as necessary.
- Assist with preparing and maintaining merchandise displays.
- Able and willing to perform warehouse duties as assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or (GED) equivalent.
- Advanced PC skills with the ability to learn and teach others.
- Energy and stamina to work extended hours and weekends, as well as work overtime as needed.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Basic math skills.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able/willing to learn to operate material handling equipment.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced distribution center environment.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Prior Industry experience.
- Past experience in automotive industry a plus.
- Basic mechanical ability a plus.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer.