Location: N. Reading, MA
Employment Type: Full Time Non-Union
Work Hours: 1st Shift
Requisition Number: 17-0109
Parts Counter Sales Representatives are responsible for front-line customer service in a variety of parts ordering functions. Responsibilities include assisting customers, taking parts orders, researching technical data for the correct part or parts and data entry. This position will also work closely with the Service Department to assist with general administrative duties such as closing work orders and claims.
- Work schedule is 4 days a week working 10 hours per day with a rotation of Saturday morning hours.
- Assisting customers after hours when on-call.
- Greet all customers and answer phones in a polite and timely fashion.
- Utilize formatted phone script when answering calls.
- Process Customer and Shop orders, backorders, credits and quotes.
- Look up parts via supplied computer programs for CAT and other brands we service.
- Handle cash and credit payments and returns per procedures.
- Resolve customer issues or concerns as necessary.
- Assist with preparing and maintaining merchandise displays.
- Perform duties as assigned within the Service Department.
- High School Diploma or (GED) equivalent.
- Energy and stamina to work extended hours and weekends, as well as work overtime as needed.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able/willing to learn to operate Material Handling Equipment.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced distribution/service center environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Prior industry experience.
- Experience in automotive industry a plus.
- Basic mechanical ability a plus.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process. Because we are a federal contractor, you will be offered the opportunity to complete a voluntary self-identification of disability form. The option to self-identify is provided online as part of our application process. Any responses you provide will be confidential and used for reporting purposes only.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer. Milton CAT is a Drug-Free workplace.