The Northwestern Medicine Patient Access Undergraduate Internship presents a valuable opportunity for undergraduate students to gain an experiential education and for Northwestern Medicine to benefit from the service, skills and knowledge that undergraduate students can offer.
This is a paid, eight-week summer program which provides an unparalleled experience for select aspiring healthcare leaders throughout the Northwestern Medicine system.
The Undergraduate Intern's responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Uphold the mission, vision and values of Northwestern Medicine.
- Successfully complete projects and work tasks assigned.
- Develop a working knowledge of hospital operations to a degree that allows for the successful completion of projects supporting a variety of hospital operations.
- Develop working relationships with staff and management that allows for successful business interactions across all levels of the organization.
- Participation in activities designed for development of interns during their assignment at Northwestern Medicine; which include:
- New Employee Orientation
- Networking Opportunities, including luncheons, with Senior Leadership
- Networking Opportunities with other college internship groups within the Northwestern Medicine hospital system
- Enhancing Your Personal Image Workshop
- Presentation Skills Workshop
- Interview/Resume Building Workshop
- Final Poster Presentation to over 100 members of Northwestern Medicine Senior Leadership
- Full communication with department managers and staff in order to successfully transition work at close of internship.
Required Documentation for Application Submission to be Uploaded
- One to two page statement addressing the following four points:
- Your passion for a career in healthcare and how an internship compliments your career goals
- Your experience working and/or volunteering in a healthcare setting
- How you have used leadership skills in a work, volunteer, or educational setting
- Undergraduate transcripts
In the "Resume & Attachments" section of the online application please upload your resume, personal statement and transcripts.
To attach a file:
- Click "Browse"
- Select the file you wish to upload
- Your file may appear to be attached, but in order to complete the process you must click "Attach"
Please note that you can attach a maximum of 5 files, and the files cannot exceed the allocated limit of 1024 kilobytes.
- Candidates must have a High School Diploma or the General Equivalent, and be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program to qualify.
- The most promising applicants demonstrate superior academic performance, leadership skills and relevant healthcare experience.
- Interns project maturity, professionalism and initiative.
- They are comfortable in complex organizations and passionate about their career aspirations.