This is a full-time PCT II Lead position scheduled to work rotating shifts between 6:00am-10:30pm 40 hours a week 80 hours biweekly. This position will float to different units at Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital in Wheaton.
The Patient Care Technician II Team Lead reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
In addition to the Patient Care Technician II (PCT II) essential job functions, the PCT II works under the direction of a professional registered nurse to support unit and patient care needs. PCT II assists with management of the electronic health record and paper chart.
The PCT II Team Lead is an energetic, customer-oriented individual who functions as a central coordinator and educator for the PCT IIs team. The PCT II Team Lead is expected to maintain advanced knowledge and proficiency in the unit PCT II role across the organization. The PCT II Team Lead maintains all skills and competencies related to the unit PCT II role. The PCT II Team Lead provides coordination which includes daily oversight, scheduling, quality oversight, orientation of new PCT II and input into the annual staff evaluations.
Patient Care/Clinical Practice:
Performs PCT II duties:
- Answers patient call lights and meets patient care needs with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Assists patients with personal hygiene and activities of daily living promoting maximal independence.
- Assists patient with application of assistive devices and prosthetics/orthoses according to individual patient program.
- Performs preventive skin care program as directed by RN and report any changes in skin integrity immediately to the nurse.
- Accurately calculates and documents calorie count, intake and output and patients' weights.
- Assists patients with transfers and mobility activities utilizing appropriate techniques, precautions and assistive devices.
- Assists patients with bladder and bowel elimination programs to including collection of laboratory specimens.
- Accurately obtains and documents patients' vital signs.
- Assists patients with completing menus daily within established timeframes.
- Passes patient meal trays and HS snacks under the direction of the nurse.
- Provide supervision and activities for patients in Caution Club.
- Patient rounding: Circulate on the nursing units to monitor patients. Engage patient in activities as appropriate.
- Reviews Wound Care cart par levels daily. Faxes replacement items to Purchasing using department form. Prints wound photos as directed by the nurse.
- Inclusive of all other duties as assigned by nurse manager, nurse supervisor, staff nurse and charge nurse.
- Participates in system and local quality improvement goals.
- Identifies and contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Develops procedures for routine quality checks, perform these on all units.
- Monitors and initiates improvement projects.
- Responsible for centralized PCT II work schedule to cover the nursing units.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes, improve and grow services we provide. Performs and maintains competencies for the PCT II role.
- Develops and monitors standard processes and procedures for PCT II role.
- Develops and maintains a resource manual for PCT IIs.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Develops and maintains PCT II Team site, ensure valuable and pertinent information is available.
- Anticipates and identifies problems and situations and intervenes effectively.
- Seeks out and obtains learning opportunities. Participates in professional growth and development activities and shares knowledge from continuing education programs with staff.
- Organizes and facilitates orientation process in conjunction with Clinical Education.
- Conducts orientation competency assessments in partnership with PCT II preceptors.
- Coordinates precepting program for all new hires in partnership with unit managers.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Demonstrates confidence and success with multiple, high level, time sensitive tasks.
- Maintains a therapeutic relationship to provide optimal customer-focused care.
- Communicates effectively with patients at level appropriate to age and cognitive status, showing cultural sensitivity.
- Interacts effectively with peers and other hospital staff to foster positive working relationships
- Helps PCT IIs understand the connection between Marianjoy values, their daily work and patient and customer satisfaction. Holds PCT IIs accountable for modeling service standards and behaviors.
- Leads by example and demonstrates effective service recovery skills to solve problems or service breakdowns when they occur.
- Creates an environment of partnership, collaboration and seamless quality and service enhancement across departments and teams. Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, acknowledges
Infection Prevention/Patient Safety:
- Contributes to the safe, effective and professional delivery of patient care including use of safety/restrictive devices.
- Follows Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of Marianjoy's policies concerning precautions, codes, conditions, warning and general safety procedures.
- Answers, screens and directs all telephone calls, overhead paging staff when necessary, and taking messages when staff is unavailable.
- Supports Admission function after hours when Admission Department closed
- Assists the patient/ family in signing the consent to treat.
- Completes necessary documentation in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for patient admissions, transfers and discharges.
- Maintains clerical supplies, EMR downtime documents and medical record forms at nursing station.
- Prepares and submits maintenance work slips when necessary.
- Ensures all interdepartmental mail is delivered daily.
- Maintains current telephone list for physician, on call schedule, and hospital referrals.
- Provides a daily copy of the doctor census and physicians' rounds profile for each physician.
- Coordinates patients outside appointments.
- Assists in emergency situations as directed.
- Inclusive of all other duties as assigned by department head and immediate supervisor.
Medical Record Management:
- Supports Electronic Medical Record/Reporting
- Copies or faxes medical records as directed for outside appointments, therapeutic pass, and discharge.
- Files paper reports into chart, prepares new charts for admissions and dismantles charts following discharge.
- Color codes charts according to policy and assures all room number changes are entered on the medical record and processed in Meditech.
- Rotates to all units based on patient care needs.
- Adjusts to changes in policy and procedure, unit and patient population.
- High School or Equivalent (GED)
- Certification from an accredited Nursing Assistant program is required or current enrollment in nursing program and completion of at least one clinical rotation (Proof of clinical rotation from student via transcripts or letter from clinical instructor necessary.)
- Active CPR certification is required
- Intermediate computer skills are required.
- Must possess strong communication, critical thinking, prioritization, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills
- Basic math skills are required.
- Flexibility and ability to manage work in a changing environment.
- 3 - 4 years - Previous experience as a certified nursing assistant/unit secretary in a hospital setting is preferred
- Associate or Bachelor degree in related field such as healthcare administration