At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital's Skilled Nursing Unit is a hospital based program, located on One West, with fourteen dedicated beds. Our rehabilitation team is comprised of physicians, advanced practice nurses, therapists, nurses and nursing assistants working together as a team to provide exceptional care to patients at a subacute service level. Populations served on this unit include non-traumatic spinal cord, orthopedic/musculoskeletal, stroke and neuromuscular diagnosis. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued our Skilled Nursing Unit a Five Star Rating based on health care surveys, quality measures and staffing.
The Patient Care Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards. Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non-critically ill patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit.Reinforces teaching previously taught by RN.
- High school or equivalent (GED)
- Current Nursing Assistant certification (C.N.A.) or current enrollment in an RN Nursing Program, with the successful completion of two clinical rotations
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and provide highest level of customer service
- Understanding and support of Northwestern Medicine's Mission and Values
- Flexibility and ability to manage work in a changing environment
- 12 lead EKG competency completed within 6 months of employment
- 2-5 years of work experience is preferred in a rehabilitation hospital, acute care hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.