At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital's Spinal Cord Unit, located on Three East, is a twenty-one bed unit specializing in the treatment of individuals diagnosed with traumatic and non-traumatic spinal cord injuries, tetraplegia, paraplegia and musculoskeletal injuries. Our nursing team works in close collaboration with all members of the multidisciplinary team comprised of physicians who are board-certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, resident physicians, therapists, nursing assistants, psychologists, dieticians and case managers to provide supportive, compassionate care to adults and children. As a teaching hospital we provide extra educational opportunities to our nursing team to advance their skills in relation to spinal cord injuries and rehabilitation as well as providing safe patient handling equipment for a safe work environment.
*Internal staff are ineligible for the sign on bonus*
40 Hours/Week, 6:30A - 3:00P, M-F, every other weekend
The Patient Care Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards. Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non-critically ill patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit.Reinforces teaching previously taught by RN.
- High school or equivalent (GED)
- Current Nursing Assistant certification (C.N.A.) or current enrollment in an RN Nursing Program, with the successful completion of two clinical rotations
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and provide highest level of customer service
- Understanding and support of Northwestern Medicine's Mission and Values
- Flexibility and ability to manage work in a changing environment
- 12 lead EKG competency completed within 6 months of employment
- 2-5 years of work experience is preferred in a rehabilitation hospital, acute care hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.