- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am to 4:30pm
The Patient Liaison reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Manages schedules to make best use of all resources including providers, rooms and equipment.
- Performs schedule maintenance activities such as opening and closing clinic templates and coordinates care alternatives for patients impacted by changes.
- Communicates with patients and/or clinical staff as necessary to ensure patient compliance with prescribed treatment plan.
- Assists Practice Manager with data collection and analysis related to physician productivity and resource utilization.
- Facilitates the resolution/prevention of billing errors and denials including obtaining pre-certifications or referrals as needed.
- Registers patients and schedules or coordinates the scheduling of appointments.
- Provides patient education information and/or materials as needed.
- Maintains a strong relationship with patients, internal providers and staff, external hospital departments, physician offices and vendors.
- Answers all incoming inquiries from patients, providers, staff and others related to all aspects of practice operations.
- Conducts follow-up with patients to ensure compliance with all testing, prescriptions and the plan of care.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2 years previous healthcare experience.
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Bachelors degree.
- Previous experience with an electronic medical record system.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.