Act as a thought leader in leading project teams at NMHC. Apply NMHC project management, performance improvement and change management methodologies. Apply analytical skills, tools and techniques such as DMAIC or Lean Six Sigma to improvement efforts. Lead a team to identify, develop and implement key process and outcome measures. Collaborate with other system functions as required on projects (e.g., IT, Quality, Analytics, Patient Experience, etc.). Coach leaders on the application of improvement methods and/or general performance best practices. Participate in system-wide training efforts on improvement methods. Support NMHC score card monitoring efforts. EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3 - 7 years of relevant process improvement knowledge and expertise.
- High level of proven matrix team leadership.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in statistics, performance management, and organizational dashboards.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and execute multiple engagements concurrently.
- Proven facilitation and presentation skills to Senior executives.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Proven software competencies (MS Office Suite, and project management applications).
- Flexible/adaptable: ability to work with diverse group of healthcare professionals in a matrix environment.
- Project Management / Performance Improvement Certifications (i.e. PMP, Green Belt, Black Belt).