Northwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for a Physician Assistant to work in our inpatient SICU. The PA will be providing inpatient service care for the SICU service. Key duties include assessing and monitoring patients, placing orders and writing notes, reviewing test results, interacting with consultants and ancillary staff, and performing bedside procedures as needed. Shift: M-F, days.
Seeking applicants with at least one (1) year of PA experience in a critical care setting .
The Physician Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Physician Assistant performs procedures under the supervision of a physician and within the specialty of the supervising physician. This role functions autonomously and collaborates with other health professionals to provide high quality, cost effective health care to patients, manage health care systems, and influence health care decision-making through expert clinical reasoning, research and theory-based practice. Required:
- Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant educational program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Physician Assistant Programs.
- Physician Assistant in Medicine, Licensed (IL).
- Physician Assistant certification by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois Department of Regulation.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (American Heart Association) certification.
- NMG Collaborative Agreement.
- One (1) year of PA experience in a critical care setting .