Responsible for compliance and administration of BCBSA's PAC program. Coordinates various aspects of BCBSA's political activities and operations including but not limited to: planning, event logistics, and political tracking. Oversees Plan and Association political contributions in accordance with FEC guidelines and regulations. Responsible for administration of and contributions to BluePAC website, newsletters and other political communications. Manages outside vendors for PAC reporting and website management. Assists with procurement of PAC and corporate political contributions.
Primary Job Functions:
- Tracks and administers day-to-day BluePAC operations including system-wide PAC activities and accurate recording of all BCBSA and Plan contributions. Drafts letters associated with BluePAC contributions. Work in collaboration with Director, Political Affairs to ensure compliance with affiliated Blue Plan PACs.
- Maintains political calendar daily, including event RSVPs, to ensure all
BCBSA activities are visible to senior management and lobbyists in
coordination with Executive Director, Federal Affairs.
- Administers and contributes to BluePAC member and Plan communications
including but not limited to quarterly newsletters, website, political
education, and PowerPoint presentations.
Coordinates BCBSA political events including but not limited to Blue Plan
only fundraisers, advocacy events with Capitol Hill staff, and BluePAC
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Required Education Level: Bachelors Degree
Minimum 3 years in a political or congressional relations environment:
- Experience organizing and managing logistics for political events •
- Experience on Political Campaign and/or political party committee in fundraising •
- Experience working with political programs/software to ensure effective database management
- 3 years in a political or congressional relations environment (Capitol Hill/campaign committee)
- PAC experience, especially in areas of compliance and administration
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Campaign Finance laws and regulations
- Strong working knowledge of FEC reporting and PAC software
- Excellent writing skills
Revenue Responsibility: No
Budget Responsibility: Yes (budget tracking)