Provide subject matter expertise of maintenance and setup of equipment learned through extensive technical training/certification to assist in ensuring the manufacturing operations operate efficiently and effectively.
- Manage and coordinate special projects with line supervisors, Press Operations, Bindery, Maintenance or other departments such as implementing new equipment, training on new equipment or processes etc.
- Prepare reports for management as required.
- Provide technical assistance to functional manufacturing areas responding to breakdowns and/or overhauls or equipment.
- Assist with new equipment evaluations and installations.
- Develop training programs and job aids for new equipment.
- Monitor the production floor to assess technical needs of the departments. Provide technical training for apprentices.
- Perform administrative and record keeping responsibilities.
- Ability to apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Able to apply mathematics skill at first year university level such as differential calculus and introductory statistics.
- Able to read and interpret work instructions. Read safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance of shop tools and equipment and methods and procedures in mechanical drawing and layout work.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing using proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech.
- 10+ years of prior experience in a manufacturing environment or position equivalent to the position specific duties outlined above.