On behalf of the clients, act as the knowledge resource for all print sourcing and management of print projects. Lead team of associates in managing print sourcing function. Review workloads and re-assign/rebalance projects to ensure service levels are maintained for the client.
- Provide print procurement and coordination of all sales/marketing/promotion print and print related collateral for the customer.
- Coordinate efforts with the customers marketing group to gather all of the print requirements and data files for current and anticipated projects. Provide guidance to the customer regarding the print manufacturing process and the various requirements needed to efficiently (cost and time) produce print and print related collateral.
- Source external vendors including LSC Communications to produce print collateral. Build network of print outsourcers to use for print projects. Submit RFP/RFQ requests to vendors and make recommendations to the customer on which providers will meet the needs for quality and delivery for print campaigns.
- Oversee the entire print lifecycle for ongoing projects from the initial requirements gathering, vendor selection and coordination with manufacturing, to final delivery of products. Work with vendors to ensure SLA's are met and products are received by the customer on time. Make recommendations to the customer to move print work to other sites/vendors when issues arise.
- Work with the customer to offer creative solutions that support print sourcing.
- Work with customers to facilitate prototypes and development of custom print pieces. May coordinate the outsourcing development of prototypes.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to demonstrates ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
- Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments. Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.