A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Process Engineer supports the engineering, plant maintenance, and processing operation requirements of the Harrisonville, MO facility. They are also responsible for planning, establishing, implementing and maintaining environmental and DOT programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in capital appropriation process and managing capital projects to assure that project expectations are met including cost and time constraints.
- Assure that the plant infrastructure is capable of supporting the existing business and has the potential to support business growth.
- Achieve results by updating the technologies and productive structures of the plant to overcome technical operational difficulties without increasing manufacturing costs or resources.
- Develop technical solutions for operational issues that result in increased efficiency, lower cost, or increased safety by applying the principles of mass, momentum and heat transfer to process and equipment design, including conceptual, scheme and detail design.
- Assist with designing, installing and commission of new production units, monitor modifications and upgrades, and troubleshoot existing processes.
- Supporting the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma methods to make observations and take measurements directly, as well as collecting and statistically interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved.
- Working closely with other specialists, including: personnel responsible for the quality control of raw materials, intermediates and finished products; engineers and technicians responsible for plant maintenance; Corporate Quality and R&D on product specifications and production schedules; and the operating/packaging crews.
- Developing and maintaining management information systems which identify the location of hazardous materials in all facilities.
- Updating and delivering employee training programs related to hazardous materials and waste.
- Maintaining accurate records related to chemical inventories, complaint investigations, shipments and collection of hazardous wastes, nonhazardous wastes, universal wastes, and all recycling.
- Maintain SoFi data base.
- Manage and maintain environmental testing and permits to maintain compliance.
- Keeping informed of current and proposed regulation related to program areas assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of PLC Programming.
- Knowledge of Windows based programs.
- Knowledge of CAD software.
- Demonstrate ambiguity to change.
Education and Experience :
- B.S. degree in a related engineering field required (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial or Environmental) - EIT or PE preferred.
- Green Belt in Six Sigma (Black Belt preferred).
- Minimum of 3 - 5 year of experience in a manufacturing or chemical processing environment.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/