A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Support and develop natural microbial solutions for the animal productivity product lines for application in the avian species. Lead the laboratory activities of the research team focused on applying microbiological and molecular genetic techniques to isolate and characterize pathogenic bacteria from gastrointestinal tracts and developing probiotic products to promote intestinal health and improved performance as part of the Microbial TerroirTM platform.
- Lead the research activities isolating and characterizing bacterial isolates using molecular genetic techniques and testing for sensitivity using bacteriocin inhibition assays to identify potential probiotic microorganisms
- Coordinate the flow of samples coming into the lab with the sales and technical support teams.
- Coordinate the work flow of the samples for the Microbial Terroir platform.
- Maintain a log of the samples, isolates and results for all experiments in a laboratory notebook.
- Validate the functional activity of the microorganisms through in vitro models
- Prepare reports of technological findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintain laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies.
- Maintain inter- and intradepartmental work-flow by fostering a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to and follow established procedures and policies for working in the laboratory designated for the development of regulated products. Assist in maintaining laboratory compliance including SOP development and equipment maintenance.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in other research related activities as needed.
- BS in Microbiology, Biology or related field from an accredited institution required.
- 1+ years of related experience.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/