Schedule: M-F 10am-6:30pm with flexibility to work OT as needed to meet production schedules.
Perform a wide variety of expediting tasks to ensure a timely flow of production and assembly activities. Compiles and maintains inventory and status information to expedite movement of parts, equipment, and materials according to schedule and priorities. Locate and coordinate and expedite the flow of raw materials, in-process materials and components within the plant. Verify and maintain documentation such as job shortages, planned receipts and logs. Coordinate planned receipts of materials through appropriate channels to ensure delivery. Provide information to various departments regarding materials status. May be tasked with performing ancillary duties related to shipping and receiving such as receiving and unloading trucks and preparing outbound shipments and loading trucks for disposition of customer products.
Responsible to move work load in and out of Pressroom Department.
- a) Scanning in and out any trackable work out of Pressroom Department
- b) Identifying any issues and assisting Pressroom Manager to document and inform owners of issues.
- c) Ordering of stock for house use or for specific job use
- d) Moving of jobs from QC bin to the appropriate press
The Production Expediter will check the jobs that are completed before they move out to Bindery to make sure they meet QC.
- a) Jobs need to be reprinted if they do not meet QC
- b) Separate material from what is due today and what is next day and identify the carts
- c) Make sure to scan out the work from pressroom
Attend daily Production meeting
Work with Pressroom Manager to identify workload for the night.
Assist with print in the event a print operator has called off and help in department is needed.
- High School diploma or GED is required. A 2-4 year degree or commensurate learning or experience and at least 2 years of production coordination experience is preferred.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and be comfortable working independently and with a team to achieve production expectations.
- Must be well organized and able to communicate effectively with various departments within the organization.
- Must be able to work outside normal working hours to accommodate production needs when required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Warehouse Management Systems, and shipping systems and regulations.
This job requires the ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-20 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
The company's policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.