Ada Developers Academy (Ada) (www.adadevelopersacademy.org), a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks (www.tsne.org), provides an intensive developer training program for women and gender diverse people with little or no prior software development experience. In one year, students are taught programming techniques and best practices to enable them to become junior developers. The program consists of two distinct parts, six months in the classroom, and five months of internship at local sponsor companies, where students refine their skills working on real-world code.
Are you are extremely detail-oriented and organized, never letting tasks slip through the cracks unnoticed? Are you are customer-oriented and proactive to your core? Do you enjoy being the glue that holds an office together? We are looking for a Program Coordinator who will be responsible for supporting Ada's key programs, Admissions and Internships, in addition to planning events and providing general administrative support. Under the direction of the Sr. Program Manager, you will provide operational and administrative support, while also working collaboratively with other staff members. This role is an exciting early career position for a goal-oriented individual. You will positively impact the lives of aspiring developers and improve many aspects of the student and staff experience. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week).
Event coordination and facilitation (35%)
- Ensure that all Ada events run seamlessly, and student, alumni, and community engage with Ada in a positive and proactive way.
- Work across functions to coordinate and execute major organization events, including graduation, capstones, and meet & greets. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to, scheduling, staffing, event support, and internal/external communication;
- Assist with planning and execution of events for prospective students including information sessions, sample classes, open houses, and other programs that promote Ada and our mission.
Program administration (45%)
- Support program operations, ensuring a positive and smooth experience for all stakeholders, including applicants, students, alumni, volunteers, and staff, for each cohort, managing the communications for volunteers and interviewees across each phase of the admissions and internship processes.
- Serve as a contact for prospective students as they learn about the Ada program. Guide and support students as they complete the application process;
- Assist new students with the onboarding and enrollment process;
- Compile and track admissions, student, and alumni data. Manage the program's CRM (SalesForce) and be responsible for collective data integrity through the entire lifecycle of each student. Prepare reports upon requests for a variety of Ada stakeholders.
Administration/Office management (20%)
- Provide essential support that will enable a productive, welcoming environment for students and staff to thrive.
- Lead in creating a warm and welcoming environment at the Ada offices for staff, students, alumni, community partners and other visitors;
- Manage all office-related tasks including, but not limited to, front desk reception, office supply orders, maintenance requests, and accepting mail and packages;
- Support staff meetings through scheduling, note-taking and tracking and ensuring resolution to follow-up items;
- Manage external communications, responding to a high volume of inquiries about topics including program details, sponsor inquiries, volunteer opportunities, media requests, informational events, and the application process;
- Learn and become the subject matter expert for Ada's suite of enterprise and productivity software solutions, including, but not limited to, SalesForce, MailChimp, Airtable, Google Suite, Calendly, Lever, and Eventbrite. Provide training to and share expertise with Ada team members.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- Minimum of two years administrative and/or program administration experience in a fast-paced environment, with a proven ability to learn fast;
- Exceptional and empathetic written and verbal communications skills. Ability to thoughtfully craft communications to reflect the audience;
- Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail. Ability to proactively prioritize across multiple streams of work and to execute effectively;
- A strong bias for taking action. Enjoys identifying opportunities, taking initiative, and rolling up your sleeves to do what needs to be done. Loves bringing process and structure to your work, while supporting the work of other staff as well;
- Demonstrated experience managing and organizing data and information for multiple audiences and purposes. Experience using SalesForce is a plus;
- Enthusiastic support of Ada's mission and the ability to champion it at many different levels;
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience is preferred.
TSNE MissionWorks/Ada Developers Academy envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/Ada Developers Academy will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.