At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. As a rapidly growing organization, we are always seeking passionate and creative individuals whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
The individual will lead one of the Church and Dwight packaging engineering groups as well as some packaging development projects from initiation through manufacture (launch). Responsibilities will include influencing and supporting Strategic Business Unit (SBU) decisions, resource allocation, budget tracking, process improvements and evolution, and project execution. Activities will include the balancing technical needs and resources to support the critical success drivers for the department's objectives. Projects will consist of the design, engineering and commercialization of new product packaging as well as quality and cost optimization of existing packaging solutions. Broad scope projects will include consideration of new, exploratory platforms for next-generational packaging, designs tools, process and techniques. The role must define and achieve project deliverables to assure that quality and consumer expectations are met while maintaining project schedule. The individual will work within cross-functional project teams, the individual will also work closely with quality, finance, procurement, regulatory, engineering, operations, consultants and outside vendors.
- Interfacing with SBU business leaders to plan, coordinate and execute agreed project assignments for >$500million of Church and Dwight branded products
- Manage appointed staff providing leadership, prioritization and delegation of activities against agreed objectives
- Execute multiple projects within budgetary scope for commercialization of new or modified products.
- Use cross-technology experience and apply towards successful, new product launches
- Management of several complex projects with independence
- Coordinate with the department's senior management to define and prioritize goals & objectives.
- Coordination of qualification programs for new product designs and materials
- Identify and coordinate cost savings initiatives as related to product designs and materials
- Travel to vendor and manufacturing locations for support of project activities
- Hands-on evaluation of concepts for conformance to project requirements.
- Ensure effective development and training of direct reports
- BS degree in Packaging Engineering or alternate technical degree
- 10+ years' experience in product/packaging development, CPG or related industry preferred
The candidate's experience must clearly demonstrate background in the following areas:
- Experience in management of teams or acted as Group Leader
- Experience in packaging development for new product launches
- Management of departmental projects, resources and budget
- Coordination and completion of qualification programs of new packaging components and assemblies
- Identification and coordination of cost savings initiatives as related to designs and materials
- Successful completion of quality improvement initiatives
- Fully developed skills in project management and experienced, cross-functional interactions
- Understanding and experience with 6 sigma tools
- Experience across an array of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging for consumer products
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.