Project based travel across the system will be required approximately 10% of the time.
Work collaboratively with project executive sponsor and project team to ensure goals are achieved. Develop complete and detailed plans to monitor and validate the achievement of project goals including timeline and event milestones, key operational and strategic performance indicators and other appropriate metrics. Review project files and documentation, including but not limited to, charters, work plans, resource plans, budget and financial reports, and status reports. Monitor project progress and quality of project execution and reporting. Provide expertise and serve as an advisor to project leaders when appropriate. Build relationships and motivate project teams. Recognize risks, issues and problems that arise within projects and recommend mitigation/remediation strategies, as needed, to achieve the desired results. Collaborate with PMI Director, project executive sponsor and project teams to escalate and resolve issues. Collaborate with project owners to identify, test and validate key project and operational goals, metrics and milestones. Lead and/or participate in meetings, representing PMI.
Gather and document validation of project results through appropriate and thorough document reviews and project interactions. Report and present results to project management leaders, project executives, and other senior leaders as needed. Participate in the pre-qualification, request for proposal, bid evaluation process, and statement of work development for consultants, contractors and other outside vendors. In certain circumstances, be responsible for managing special studies, initiatives or due diligence assignments. Inform Director, PMI of departmental needs and barriers to completion of objectives. Other duties as assigned. AA/EOE.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare management, business administration, or relevant field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in project or program management related experience.
- Demonstrated skills in project management, organization, analysis and problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and managing project files and control documents, such as contracts, schedules, statements of work.
- Analytical experience in developing, tracking and reporting key project metrics.
- Outstanding listening and communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Good understanding of hospital operations and workflows.
- Strong financial and budgetary control experience.
- Ability to effectively interact with others within the System, including senior executives.
- Desire to learn and work with others.
- Excellent organizational skills with a focus on managing details and results.
- Ability to develop and meet schedules.
- Expertise with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and previous use of MS Project.
- Demonstrated project management experience within the healthcare industry of large, complex healthcare, business, construction and/or IT projects.
- Healthcare or hospital management or related operational experience.
- Master's degree, MBA or MHA (or) Professional Certification in area of expertise.