Gale Associates, Inc., is seeking a Registered Architect or Engineer to join our Glastonbury, CT office. Gale is a well-respected national engineering/planning firm celebrating over 59 years in business and rated one of Zweig White’s “Best Firms to Work For” for the past 10 consecutive years.
- The selected candidate will serve as a Project Architect/Engineer on a variety of projects involving the repair, renovation and adaptive reuse of existing structures.
- Evaluation, design and preservation of building enclosures such as roofs, facades, and fenestrations are frequently encountered.
- Previous experience with exterior historic restoration of commercial structures and building enclosures is favorable.
- A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Architectural Engineering and a minimum of 8 years of professional experience in building enclosure evaluations, design and construction administrative services.
- E. or RA Registration is required. Candidates pursuing professional licensing are encouraged to apply.
- Project management experience, proficient communication/presentation skills (both verbal and written), and computer efficiency are essential.
- Sound understanding of building codes and compliance. Connecticut Building Official Certification is a plus.
A competitive salary is only one part of the benefits that Gale provides to compensate and recognize staff. Gale offers a strong mentoring program that promotes advancement opportunities for all staff. In addition, Gale takes pride in our balanced work environment which includes monthly events that provide time for our Gale Team to socialize. Please visit our careers section at www.galeassociates.org for more details.
First-day coverage benefits including:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Insurance
- Delta Dental & EyeMed Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible work schedule/remote options
- Half-day Friday’s year round
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan and Trust
- 3 weeks’ vacation accrual upon hire
- 12 annual paid holidays, competitive sick & personal time
- Tuition reimbursement program for continuing education programs
- College loan-repayment program
- Fully-paid Life/Disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
Gale is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity