Gale Associates, Inc. is seeking a Registered Engineer or Architect to join our Glastonbury, CT office. Gale is a well-respected national engineering/planning firm celebrating over 59 years in business and rated one of Zweig White’s “Best Firms to Work For” for the past 10 consecutive years.
- The selected candidate will serve as a Senior Engineer/Project Manager on a variety of projects focused on the evaluation, design and construction administration of building enclosures including roofs, facades, fenestrations and waterproofing. Previous experience with exterior historic restoration of commercial structures is favorable.
- Duties may include coordination of staff to complete assignments, practice and administer quality control procedures, completes assigned project deliverables including construction documents, technical reports and cost estimating.
- Mentoring is an important responsibility of our Project Managers and is critical to the success of our structural team.
- Assist with writing proposals and business development efforts.
- Ability to present and represent Gale at Client meetings and obligations
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Architectural Engineering and a minimum of 8+ years of professional experience in building enclosure renovations/rehabilitations.
- P.E. or RA Registration is required.
- Project management experience and proficient communication/presentation skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently and/or as an integral member of a design team.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, MS Office, Revit, Bluebeam Revu.
A competitive salary is only one part of the benefits that Gale provides to compensate and recognize staff. Gale offers a strong mentoring program that promotes advancement opportunities for all staff. In addition, Gale takes pride in our balanced work environment which allows for remote work opportunities and monthly events that provide time for our Gale Team to socialize. Please visit our careers section at www.galeassociates.org for more details.
First-day coverage benefits including:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Insurance
- Delta Dental & EyeMed Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible work schedule/remote options
- Half-day Friday’s year round
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan and Trust
- 3 weeks’ vacation accrual upon hire
- 12 annual paid holidays, competitive sick & personal time
- Tuition reimbursement program for continuing education programs
- College loan-repayment program
- Fully-paid Life/Disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
Gale is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity