Responsible for managing small to medium sized projects of low to moderate complexity and all related deliverables. Manages project reporting and transparency of project status for schedule, budget, risks, and issues. Oversight of Project change control and escalation. Facilitates risk evaluation and development of mitigation plans to meet project objectives. Uses standard project management processes, methodologies, and documentation practices to ensure projects meet project objectives.Provide analytical guidance on clinical informatics projects. Responsible for development of visualization/data analytics tools to answer business questions, and, algorithm development and validation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Project Deliverables: Directly manage all aspects of the project lifecycle through Clincial Informatics project management processes. Ensure stakeholders receive the necessary information to make sound decisions and trade-offs between scope, cost, and schedule. Leads and manage project meetings. Document action items and track follow up. Communicates instructions/processes to project team members in a matrix organization. Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed parameters. Effectively manages vendor deliverables (as warranted by project). Seeks input and advice appropriately.
- Plan and Organize: Creates an integrated project schedule, resource plan 15%communications plan for assigned projects. Breaks down the work into logical process steps and works streams. Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks by working with subject matter experts. Revises plans when appropriate.
- Problem Solving/Data analysis: Develops clear action plans and schedules to resolve complex issues. Facilitates solutions to business problems using effective techniques to address complex challenges with effective/efficient solutions. Uses a fact based investigation and collection process to facilitate good decision making. Considers the impact to stakeholders and project goals and objectives in problem solving/conflict management.
- Also use expertise in data analytics to create reports as well as visualization tools to help convey final results of projects
- Perform analytics in a number of healthcare based large data sets, including but not limited to modeling, inference, forecasting.
- Use R shiny/HTML/CSS for the development of analytic platforms for data visualization
- Project Control: Collects information from multiple sources to assess project status. Uses information to evaluate impact to project deliverables (schedule, scope, budget, resources, issues, quality). Determines status of projects based on common criteria. Documents and communicates status to stakeholders (minimum weekly). Assesses and determines when to use escalation protocols. Fairly reports status considering inputs collected. Enforce and provides oversight of defined project management controls. Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
- Lead: Understands the business objectives and communicates clear direction, coaching, and support to project team. Manages the day-to-day activities of projects in a matrixed environment. In partnership with the Director, Clinical Informatics, he/she will:
- Recommend and works corrective action implementation with functional managers. Responsible for establishing and maintaining team norms and fostering positive and productive working relationships to maximize the contribution of each and every team member. Cultivates a team culture that is transparent and brings out the best in people.
- Project Change Management: Establishes and follows a discipline of project change control. Establishes scope and project, baselines. Evaluates progress and prepares schedule and financial forecasts. Proactively facilitates project issue and risk identification, assessment, mitigation, and tracking using standard controls. Manages decisions within the defined escalation process.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Work experience including managing small to medium business and technology projects.Extensive knowledge in the use of Project Management methodologies (agile, scrum, waterfall, etc.)
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Proven ability to handle large datasets and infer trends and association from such large data sets.Work experience in data analytics, pertaining to cleaning, organizing and visualization of data.Experience with R/Python/unix command line a plus
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- PMP Certification or comparable equivalent
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics