MULTI-DISCIPLINARY CALIFORNIA PRACTICE SEEKS PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is an integrated Behavioral Health position cares for populations with complex medical and psychiatric health needs. The NP will demonstrate compassion, sound judgement and strong interpersonal skills during demanding situations to provide excellent patient care at all times.
What You Will Do:
- Offer patient evaluation, medication management, consultation, triage, and short-term therapies
- Provide mental health services in support of specific Population Health programs; and/or ensure coordination of care between and among the MDN physicians and the external Mental Health referral network
- Offer psychopharmacologic management in collaboration with Medical Director/Psychiatrist
Who We Are:
Lags Medical Centers is the primary care musculoskeletal provider for California's Ventura County, Central Coast, Central Valley, and Portland, Oregon for a total of 31 locations.
Lags Medical Centers is commitment to total wellness and holistic healing is rooted in the use of non-invasive, ethical, and cost effective treatment plans that help patients manage and alleviate pain.
In Ventura County, the Central Coast and Central Valley, LAGS work closely with county community health centers, as well as Concentra in Fresno. We have become the preferred provider in pain management for the regions Medi-Cal populations.
What We Offer:
A comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, PTO, Holidays and 401K. Opportunities for growth and learning. Work life balance with a five day work week.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Board Certified in California
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC) Certification preferred
- Experience working in a collaborative care mental health model in ambulatory care or as a provider in a primary-care-based mental health model strongly preferred
- Experience working with mental health needs of patients with chronic pain and/or other chronic conditions highly desirable (a minimum of 2 years experience desired)
- Knowledge of population health practices and tools and managed care principles preferred
- Master's Degree
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC)
- Registered Nurse (RN)