Grow your career with us! Become a valuable team member today!
Purchasing Agent will negotiate with vendors for the purchase of all materials, supplies, equipment and services used by the company.
What You Will Do:
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items
- Manage procurement quantities in a cost-efficient manner in relation to usage demand
- Negotiates with vendors for good and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
- Develops new supply sources where vendors are inadequate.
- Establishes account/credit and terms.
- Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and account numbers.
- Works closely with receiving department to ensure proper supplies arrived
- Traces delinquent arrivals from purchase orders.
Who We Are:
Lags Medical Centers is the primary care musculoskeletal provider for California's Ventura County, Central Coast, Central Valley, and Portland, Oregon for a total of 31 locations.
Lags Medical Centers is commitment to total wellness and holistic healing is rooted in the use of non-invasive, ethical, and cost effective treatment plans that help patients manage and alleviate pain.
In Ventura County, the Central Coast and Central Valley, LAGS work closely with county community health centers, as well as Concentra in Fresno. We have become the preferred provider in pain management for the regions Medi-Cal populations.
What We Offer:
A comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, PTO, Holidays and 401K. Opportunities for growth and learning. Work life balance with a five day work week.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelors degree in a business-related area.
- 2 years of purchasing experience.