Responsible for performing inspections of products and processes to ensure conformance to customer specifications, LSC Communications and regulatory quality requirements.
- Performs inspections to assure quality standards are met as assigned. This may include press color approvals for both internal and external jobs. This may require on-going inspection throughout the process over a designated period of time.
- Selects, packages and labels samples for outside delivery to customers and as instructed.
- Collects and records inspection data per procedures.
- Escalate all quality issues identified in the production process to appropriate personnel for resolution. This may include customer identified requirements during the production start up and approval process and working with manufacturing personnel to resolve issues prior to production.
- Perform activities to process defective materials identified through inspection processes according to procedures. This may include inquiries into the manufacturing process to identify causes of non-conforming product, process capability failure or errors in the process and actions to correct.
- Contribute to the development of instructions and procedures. This may include details regarding customer expectations of process quality and acceptable performance standards.
- Ensure the proper documentation is in place and followed.
- Offer suggestions to improve processes.
- Successfully completes all required training programs.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent with 5-6 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience. May possess additional education certification in this level.
- Requires excellent knowledge of functional area(s) related to the job or good knowledge related to a professional field of work. Able to consistently apply applicable policies, procedures, regulations, and program objectives when carrying out the duties of the job.
- May provide oversight of work conducted by junior level staff and/or review/audit work for accuracy.
- Must have advanced knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete job duties successfully.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively across departments when completing assignments.
- Must have strong organizational skills with ability to manage deadlines and prioritize workload and make adjustment to meet business needs.