Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
Performs inspections, checks testing and sampling procedures for product manufacturing processes. Carries out packaging line, manufacturing inspections, and sampling and testing of incoming components and raw materials to ensure that company standards are met. Monitors critical equipment and instrumentation. Assists with validating or troubleshooting testing methods, including assays.
- Performs First Article inspections, final inspection and testing of key units, and inspects all labeling and packaging of finished products
- Ensures consistent application of quality procedures and processes necessary for successful and compliant inspection of the product
- Inspects devices and identifies non-conforming material
Required Skills / Capabilities
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Good organization and documentation skills
- Able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- Basic proficiency in ASME Y14.5M and blueprint reading
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13562
Education and Experience
- Typically requires a minimum of 1 - 2 years of related experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- AA in a technical field preferred
- 2+ years' experience in a regulated environment preferred
For roles that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The "EEO is the Law" poster options are available here . NuVasive's EEO policy is available here .
About NuVasive NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. The Company's less-invasive, procedurally integrated surgical solutions are designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven outcomes. The Company's comprehensive procedural portfolio includes surgical access instruments, spinal implants, fixation systems, biologics, software for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative neuromonitoring technology and service offerings. With more than $1 billion in net sales, NuVasive has approximately 2,700 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com .