Hours: Casual Status - 16 hours per week
Shift: 1st Shift - Days
Accurately delivers the prescribed and planned course of radiation treatment to the patient, including verification of treatment and treatment dose, patient positioning and monitoring, imaging, and treatment delivery. Maintains complete and accurate record of treatments delivered, including appropriate documentation of daily treatments and changes or barriers encountered. Any deviation from prescribed treatment is reported and documented in accordance with department policy. Provides education to patients in a manner that is timely and consistent with the patient's ability to learn. Identifies and overcomes barriers to learning. Assesses patients for unusual physical and/or psychological reactions to treatment or disease. Documents and refers to nurse or physician as needed. Maintains daily schedule in a manner that maximizes patient satisfaction and smooth patient flow through the department. Communicates with patients in a timely manner regarding any delay or wait time. Adheres to all departmental and radiation safety policies and procedures, ensuring the safety of patients, visitors and staff at all times. Assists in the training and orientation of new staff. Actively participates in the education of residents and radiation therapy students. Performs and records daily quality control and quality assurance processes. Completes proper documentation to ensure accurate patient charging. Maintains equipment and monitors supply levels in assigned area. Reports any problems or supply needs to appropriate person. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with staff throughout the department. Promotes a positive work environment. Additional Functions: Ensures that assigned work area meets hospital and department standards of safety and professional appearance. Proactively identifies and addresses maintenance and facility issues as needed. Other duties as assigned by Manager or Resource Coordinator Therapy. EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- IDNS Certification or eligibility for certification in Radiation Therapy Technology.
- ARRT Licensure or eligibility for licensure.
- Bachelors Degree in Radiological Science, major in Radiation Therapy or its equivalence in education, training, and experience.
- Completion of an approved course in Radiation Therapy Technology, resulting in certification or eligibility for ARRT certification in Radiation Therapy Technology.
- Demonstrated clinical and technical competence in radiation therapy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Prior experience as a Radiation Therapist in a comparable clinical setting.