Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
Initiates, maintains, and compiles records associated with ordering, receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, and equipment. Packages and prepares products and merchandise for final shipment and posts weights and shipping charges. Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Reviews customer orders, examines, stocks and distributes merchandise, products and materials in distribution center.
- Compares nomenclature, stock numbers, and other listed information on packing slips to verify accuracy of purchase orders and shipping orders
- Compiles and performs data entry tasks to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping, and other records; uses data sources such as contracts, purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, etc.
- Verifies inventory computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors and documents discrepancies with proposed corrective action
- Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records such as material inventory, in-process production reports, and status of material locations
- Compiles information on receipt of disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost
- Packages materials and equipment ensuring that shipping documentation is accurate and materials are protected adequately for shipment; determines most efficient and economical routing and mode of transportation
- Prepares reports such as inventory balance, price and shortages taking necessary actions to reconcile discrepancies in a timely manner
- Assists developing processes and procedures for inventory, receiving, shipping, and administrative responsibilities to improve cost and efficiencies
Required Skills / Capabilities
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software, document management software and ability to navigating the Internet
- Possesses interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
Education and Experience
- Typically requires a minimum of 1 - 2 years of related experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
For roles that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The "EEO is the Law" poster options are available here . NuVasive's EEO policy is available here .
About NuVasive NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. The Company's less-invasive, procedurally integrated surgical solutions are designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven outcomes. The Company's comprehensive procedural portfolio includes surgical access instruments, spinal implants, fixation systems, biologics, software for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative neuromonitoring technology and service offerings. With more than $1 billion in net sales, NuVasive has approximately 2,700 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com .