Gale Associates, Inc., a well-respected national engineering/planning firm celebrating over 55 years in business and rated one of Zweig White’s “Best Firms to Work For” for the past 7 consecutive years, seeks a Registered Architect to join our Weymouth, MA office.
- The selected candidate will serve as an Engineer or Architect to specialize in the restoration and preservation of historic building facades. Projects may include associated interior work. This position will augment our existing building enclosure disciplines by focusing on the repair/rehabilitation of historic building exteriors. Non-historic structure projects may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Architectural Engineering and a minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience in building enclosure renovations/rehabilitations.
- Two-year advanced degree in preservation, conservation, historic architecture or two years specialized experience in preservation technology under a nationally recognized preservation professional.
- P. E. or RA Registration is required. Candidates pursuing professional licensing are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of building envelope components (roofs, walls, windows) and waterproofing systems.
- Knowledge of historic preservation and National Park preservation standards are required, including previous experience with preparing historic structure reports.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Massachusetts Architectural Access Board and Americans with Disability Act guidelines.
- Project management experience, proficient communication/presentation skills (both verbal and written), and computer efficiency.
- Active member of Association for Preservation Technology organization.
Gale offers an excellent salary and full array of first-day coverage benefits including:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Insurance
- Delta Dental insurance
- Fully-paid Life/Disability insurance
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan and Trust
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- 3 weeks’ vacation accrual upon hire
- Sick time
- 11 annual paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- College loan-repayment
- Dependent care assistance and allowance
Gale is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity