Gale Associates, Inc., a well-respected national engineering/planning firm celebrating over 58 years in business and rated one of Zweig White’s “Best Firms to Work For” for the past 9 consecutive years, seeks a Registered Architect to join our Weymouth, MA office.
- The selected candidate will serve as an Engineer or Architect to specialize in the restoration and preservation of historic building facades. Projects may include associated interior work. This position will augment our existing building enclosure disciplines by focusing on the repair/rehabilitation of historic building exteriors. Non-historic structure projects may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Architectural Engineering and a minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience in building enclosure renovations/rehabilitations.
- Two-year advanced degree in preservation, conservation, historic architecture or two years specialized experience in preservation technology under a nationally recognized preservation professional.
- E. or RA Registration is required. Candidates pursuing professional licensing are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of building envelope components (roofs, walls, windows) and waterproofing systems.
- Knowledge of historic preservation and National Park preservation standards are required, including previous experience with preparing historic structure reports.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Massachusetts Architectural Access Board and Americans with Disability Act guidelines.
- Project management experience, proficient communication/presentation skills (both verbal and written), and computer efficiency.
- Active member of Association for Preservation Technology organization.
A competitive salary is only one part of the benefits that Gale provides to compensate and recognize staff. Gale offers a strong mentoring program that promotes advancement opportunities for all staff. In addition, Gale takes pride in our balanced work environment which allows remote work and monthly events that provide time for our Gale Team to socialize. Please visit our careers section at www.galeassociates.org for more details.
First-day coverage benefits including:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Insurance
- Delta Dental & EyeMed Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible work schedule/remote options
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan and Trust
- 3 weeks’ vacation accrual upon hire
- 12 annual paid holidays, competitive sick & personal time
- Tuition reimbursement program for continuing education programs
- College loan-repayment program
- Fully-paid Life/Disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
Gale is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity