At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Rehab Services Call Center Representative reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Call Center Representative is responsible for handling all calls coming into the Consolidated Service Center.
- Provides outstanding and professional Customer Service to all callers.
- Schedules patient appointments and enters/verifies patient demographics.
- Takes accurate phone messages and routes appropriately.
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers.
- Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person and resources to do so.
- Provides directions or help to patients and customers with finding their way.
- Uses effective service recovery skills to solve problems or service breakdowns when they occur.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, and acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes, improve and grow services we provide.
- Provides outstanding, courteous, prompt and professional customer service to all customers.
- Conveys caring attitude to callers.
- Verifies and updates patient demographics on each call.
- Registers new patients.
- Accesses system wide appointment availability and assists the patient in choosing an appointment time and rehab location that works with his/her schedule and rehabilitation needs.
- Works with the Practice to reschedule appointments when a Provider is not in or changes their schedule.
- Directs emergency calls as instructed by the practices.
- Takes accurate, detailed messages in the EMR and routes them appropriately.
- Follows up on voicemails to ensure all calls have been returned.
- Meets job specific quality and quantity standards for position.
- Maximizes use of technology to eliminate the paper process; including on-line tools, downloads, follow-ups, calendar, interoffice email, etc.
- Works in multiple applications at one time (practice management system, EMR, Paging, Email, Desktop/Phone systems, etc).
- Possesses a working knowledge of insurance products and remains current on all changes.
- Schedules all appointments within the scheduling parameters.
- Does not create overbooking or conflicting appointment situations.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly with all.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the office and other departments.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Handles stressful situations in a mature and professional manner.
- Assists co-workers with the same.
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes workflow and keep an organized workspace.
- Maintains all reference material in an organized manner which is easily and quickly retrievable.
- Provides constructive input to supervisor to improve job function.
- Provides outstanding support to all callers and practices through customer service, response time, thoroughness and problem solving.
- Communicates to management any potential problems.
- Attends at least 80% of staff meetings.
- Adheres to attendance standards to meet department guidelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, adaptive to change and function well in stressful situations.
- Appropriately utilizes the functionality of the Epic and PMS systems within their job.
- Handles unscheduled orders WQ calls and scheduling on a daily basis.
- Handles scanning of rehabilitation documents into Epic.
- Utilizes standards operating procedures around communication.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of medical office experience or customer service.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Excellent customer awareness and strong commitment to fulfilling customer needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Above average keyboarding skills and listening skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Outlook.
- Previous experience working with EPIC EMR system.
- Previous experience working in a call center.
Hours: Wednesday/Thursday 8 am to 7 pm
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.