About City & State
City & State is the premier media organization dedicated to covering New York and Pennsylvania's local and state politics and policy. Our in-depth, non-partisan coverage serves New York and Pennsylvania’s leaders every day as a trusted guide to the issues impacting both states. We offer round-the-clock coverage through our award-winning commentary and analysis, weekly publications, daily e-briefs, events, podcast interviews, and more.
City & State Pennsylvania is seeking an entrepreneurial, creative, analytical, and driven news reporter to join our team. In this role, you will be a critical player in publishing our highly sought-after Power Lists, which run routinely in our magazine and online. You will also be responsible for compiling content for our morning First Read newsletter, which reaches more than 10,000 subscribers every weekday.
• Spearhead the researching and writing of our popular Power Lists, which recognize 50-100 political power-brokers biweekly
• Author the bios of each entry for the Power Lists with accuracy and creativity
• Obtain high-resolution photos and photo credits for everyone on the Power Lists
• Report and write about topics of interest to the people who care about the political realm of Western Pennsylvania, including government, public policy, business and people who shape policy
• Compile content for our First Read newsletter, including original reporting, aggregated news, birthday recognition and event listings
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or a related field and 3+ years of equivalent experience in a competitive news environment.
• Knowledgeable about the political landscape of the Pittsburgh government and able to deep dive into its inner workings.
• Familiar with AP style and able to produce pieces quickly in response to the news cycle.
• Strong writing skills and style that can create an impact on our audience.
• Organized, deadline-oriented and have strong news judgment.
• Collaborative team player with a sense of accountability and strict attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Please include a cover letter, at least three clips, and a résumé with your application.
GovExec’s data and insights set the standard for depth, accuracy, and impact for government leaders and contractors. As the market-leading information and intent-based marketing platform, for over fifty years GovExec has empowered the government ecosystem to engage and support government leaders as they work to achieve their missions across federal, defense, and state and local agencies. Our strategic sales enablement and intent-based marketing solutions accelerate revenue growth to fuel market success. The platform is powered by the largest and most sophisticated database in the public sector, GovExec’s platform reaches 3.3 million government influencers each month and provides its marketing clients with a significant competitive advantage in driving higher conversion and growth.
Working at GovExec
At GovExec, we believe that a new era of work -- particularly when, where, and how it gets done -- has arrived. We are building a hybrid workplace that allows for greater freedom and flexibility while also fostering a collaborative culture, no matter where you are working. GovExec offers permanent remote work in 20+ states across the US, as well as the option to work out of one of our offices based in Washington DC, New York or San Diego. GovExec also offers a range of great benefits including:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
• 401(k) retirement plan with company match
• Open time off policy
• Twelve weeks paid parental leave
• Supportive, collaborative teams
• Unique opportunity to help government officials from a private sector company
• Expansive learning and development opportunities
Commitment to Shared Values(https://about.govexec.com/careers/)
GovExec recruits talent for four salient attributes or qualities:
• Soul of Entrepreneurship
• Culture of Inclusion
• Force of Ideas
• Spirit of Generosity
The salary range for this role is $50,000 to $55,000 per year.
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates ("GovExec") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/NwjZodu7ME5JdCAQPIrOPo