At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Resource Coordinator, COVID Testing Center reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Demonstrates proficiency when functioning in all aspects of the Immediate Care Swabbing Technician job description (Job code 309066).
- Verify and confirm patient identifiers with patient or patient guardian if patient is a minor.
- Performs specimen collection as per order and protocol. Bags specimen and refrigerate (as applicable).
- Distribute After Visit Summary with instructions for Turn Around Time, to contact ordering provider for results.
- Complete log form with patient information for transport to NM Lab (region dependent).
- Uses computers according to established protocol; follows down time procedures when required.
- Demonstrates proficiency documenting in the patient electronic medical record (EMR) with timely and accurate documentation.
- Prepare bag for specimen pickup.
- Assure timely pickup by courier service including end of day.
- Keep smooth patient flow through the area.
- Ensures staff training on all new equipment or any change in department processes.
- Provide general department orientation to new staff and coordinate appropriate orientation and training.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized environment of care. At closing clean all carts, areas, restocking of supplies.
- Order and maintain supplies (assemble test kits as needed).
- Coordinate troubleshooting and care of equipment. Takes a leadership role in supporting quality initiatives, collection of data, and regulatory reporting.
- Coordinates monthly employee work schedule and anticipates staffing needs for subsequent shift and makes necessary arrangements for coverage. Manages the Immediate Care Swabbing Technicians timecards utilizing Kronos ATR.
- Provide feedback on staff performance to manager/director (e.g. Performance Review Process, constructive feedback on daily performance).
- Responds effectively to changes in workflow bringing resolution to staffing/resource issues.
- Assist manager/director on special projects (process improvement issues, EMR, marketing, department construction.
- Acts as a point person to address issues as they arise and escalates to appropriate department resource, manager/director.
- Attends and participates in department staff meeting.
- Attends and actively participates in NM committees when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in health related field or equivalent combination of schooling and work experience in a health related field
- BLS through American Heart Association.
- Previous leadership experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.