At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- Hours: Part-time, 24 hours per week
- Shift: Weekends only :Saturdays and Sundays -6:00 AM - 6:30 PM
The Environmental Services Resource Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Establish and review standards and work procedures for all Environmental Services staff in accordance with established policies and practices of the facility.
- Plan work schedules, hours, areas of work, and job duties to ensure adequate EVS coverage.
- Assists Manager in the supervision of various aspects of the departments and collaborates with managers and coordinators to achieve the departments and NMH mission, goals and objectives.
- Participate in the interview process, evaluate, and recommend termination of facility Environmental Services personnel in accordance with facility standards.
- Orientate, train, and supervise all Environmental Services staff under span of control.
- Regularly inspect and evaluate physical condition of facility and supervise the relocation and storage of all furnishings and equipment, as well as the relocation of space to improve the sanitation and appearance of the facility.
- Report unsafe conditions and conduct research to improve EVS technology.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and communicate with members of other departments to coordinate EVS activities.
- May serve on facility wide committee.
- Conduct daily touch points and coaching with EVS staff.
- Schedule major project work, ensuring that adequate staff and supplies are available to perform tasks.
- Ordering supplies and equipment using Peoplesoft requisitions.
- Conducts regular inventory of housekeeping supplies and order same.
- Keeps costs in line with approved budgetary amounts.
- Three to five years of experience in relevant field and Supervisory experience
- Appropriate clinical or technical competence in relevant area.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Communication skills (interpersonal and group, assertiveness, conflict resolution, etc.).
- Organization and planning kills (prioritization, time management, initiative, follow through).
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Completed the Coordinator Orientation Courses.
- Associates or Bachelors degree
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.