Work to provide financial planning, execution, accounting, and analytical support to the AFMOA Medical Support Operations Directorate (SGA)/Resource Management Division (SGAR), San Antonio, Texas to MAJCOMs and the 76 Medical Treatment Facility (MTF)s throughout the AFMS. May work independently and or as part of a team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Advise AFMOA and AFMS leadership regarding new operating procedures for consideration by the Government.
- Attend and participate in various team, workgroup and branch meetings.
- Issue and control all Air Force (AF) Defense Health Program (DHP) appropriations across all AF MAJCOMS MTFs via the Program Budget Accounting System (PBAS).
- Manage the overall AFMOA checkbook including any withhold accounts. Track DHP budget execution, funding disbursements using PBAS and develop funds management reports.
- Conduct analyses, reviews, and special studies of budget and funds execution, and evaluate their impact on program plans and current and prior year funding.
- Provide accounting support, including financial and cost analysis, in support of AFMS financial statements, audit readiness, and individual compliancy efforts.
- Prepare, coordinate, and support Planning and Programming across the AFMS to determine better ways to support mission requirements given system constraints.
- Develop, implement, and articulate strategies to support all programming actions such as the Program Objective Memorandum (POM), Future Years Defense Plan (FYDP) management, etc.
- Utilize various AF manpower management databases to manage, analyze, and implement programming tools. Such databases may include Medical Planning and Programming Tool (MPPT), POM programs, Data Collection Tool, Impact Application Tool, Make versus Buy modeling, etc
- Interact with AFMS staff at all levels to understand their requirements and develop strategies to support and prioritize those requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications
Education and Experience:
Minimum of a Baccalaureate Degree in a business or related field (e.g., business administration, computer information systems, finance, healthcare, economics, health management, etc.); or five (5) years of equivalent experience.
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in AF MTF Resource Management Office or equivalent MAJCOM Medical Resources Office.
Minimum of two (2) years of analytical experience using the BER and AF Manpower tools and documents.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with the AFMS medical organizational structure, clinical missions, programs and requirements to study and analyze procedures related to the provision of medical care, staffing requirements, and link to financial operations.
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in AFMS financial systems and manpower processes.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience with specific DHP issues, accounting processes, commodities, Budget Activity Groups (BAG), budgetary processes, third party reimbursement programs, POM, and Manpower documents.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience with the Commander’s Resource Integration System (CRIS), to include how to create DHP-specific queries, data extraction, data import/export, and information analysis and AF Manpower tools and documents.
Minimum of four (4) years of experience preparing oral and written presentations (analysis).
Must be able to perform necessary coordination to provide the results of financial analyses to leaders at all levels of the organization, to include the activity's executive committee
May necessitate occasional travel.
Must meet the eligibility requirements for a US government issued security clearance
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques to apply DoD, Joint, and Air Force management principles, concepts and methodologies and financial management directives, concepts, procedures, guidance, and policy.
· Working technical knowledge of government and DoD medical and financial regulations
· Knowledge of policies and procedures related to the Defense Health Agency, AFMS, and the delivery of healthcare.
· Ability to prepare, evaluate and monitor program analyses from conceptualization, data collection, identification of alternatives, preparation, and submission. Types of analyses may include, but are not limited to, return on investment, cost-benefit analysis, business process reengineering and other ad hoc studies.
· Systems skills and proficiency using Microsoft (MS) Office products.
· Ability to accurately enter, record and retrieve financial data
· Ability to organize, interpret and present financial data
· Ability to prepare and interpret complex financial reports.
· Ability to maintain efficient and effective financial systems and procedures; ability to accurately account for service funds.
· Working knowledge of AFMS office automation and computerized financial applications.
· Knowledge and experience in AFMS financial planning, programming, execution, and accounting processes
· Demonstrated attention to detail
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, and government/military officials.
· Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally.
Works with nominal supervision from the Project Manager or his or her designee.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUBLIC CONTACT
Daily contact with diverse audience requiring courtesy, discretion, and sound judgment.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer, including spreadsheet, presentation and word processing software; financial and data software and databases; telephone; copy machine; and fax machine.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
· The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
· The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Review, interpret, and analyze workload, manpower, financial and demographics data. Validate/manipulate data and formulate positions and responses in relation to the data. May contact customers to obtain data and or to clarify data.