Operational and technical analyst, supporting the revenue cycle functions of Northwestern Medicine. The Revenue Cycle Senior Analyst position will partner with hospital and professional billing business owners across the revenue cycle to identify and analyze the root cause of user and system issues, develop efficient workflows, and implement technology solutions within the revenue cycle's operating systems. Additional responsibilities as required by role to include, but not limited to: - Documentation of policies, procedures, and subsequent workflows/issue resolution - Historical data extraction for risk, trending, and forecasting analysis - Quality and productivity metrics for internal & vendor assessment - Liaison between revenue cycle operations, IT, finance, and various Northwestern Medicine departments. Determine opportunities for process and metric improvement via workflow improvement, automation, or increased workflow efficiency. Implement strategic changes to revenue cycle systems and operational workflows to affect metric driven change for health network. Analyze enterprise wide data and provide explanations and recommendations to executive team. Independently lead revenue cycle change initiatives, including but not limited to, overseeing team members, compiling and executing workplans, and reporting progress and results. Coach junior colleagues for advanced skillsets, especially in data management, process improvement, and system capabilities and configurations. AA/EOE.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent relevant experience in addition to the position's minimum requirements.
- Demonstrated expert of multiple revenue cycle operations and technical tools to supporting each function.
- Expert ability to break down revenue cycle KPIs, data, and functions and recommend strategy for and/or implement improvement opportunities.
- Works with low manager supervision to independently complete assigned projects with high quality results and in timely manner.
- Expert in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and electronic health record software and demonstrated production of high-quality deliverables.
- Demonstrated progressive success in previous roles, including but not limited to presenting findings, results, and recommendations to executive leadership.
- Certified in Epic's Resolute Hospital Billing, Professional Billing, and/or clarity platforms.
- Works well in a team environment.
- 5+ years in working with Revenue Cycle applications in support of revenue cycle operations.
- 2+ years of training junior staff and fostering a team environment.
- Proven ability to determine recommended strategy and implement plans with high quality, measurable, and repeatable results.
- Working knowledge of SQL, Tableau, and/or IIS platforms.