Coding Auditor/Educator conducts coding reviews and training sessions to assure coding quality is meeting organizational standards. Performs random chart audits, research updated coding information. Communicate changes to physician and billing staff. Lead training sessions on current billing and coding information. The educator will compile and distribute code utilization data to CPG Administration to ensure alignment with compliance with all CPG, Federal and State Requirements.
- Three years of coding and auditing experience (inpatient/outpatient/ASC). EMR experience a must. Experience in interpreting paper charts, EMR records, ancillary reports, governmental payer and commercial payer guidelines.
- Coding certification required - RHIA, RHIT, CCS-P, CCS, CCA, CPC, CPC-A, or CPC-H.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Consistently meets productivity standards established for Coder III position for 6 months. Ability to communicate in English effectively with providers and clinical departments, and SSB as required. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to adjust to changing dynamics and business conditions. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications desired.
- Minimum of two years of Surgical coding experience desired. Experience in Evaluation and Management coding is preferred.
- Experience with Epic EMR is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.